- Burkhart Creek Park
News for Burkhart Creek County Park
What's happening at the Park:
SCI REMC Raptor & Wildlife Program
At the June 2012 MCPRB meeting, the board passed the South Central Indiana REMC proposal to place in Burkhart Park some bat houses, bluebird boxes, owl boxes, hawk platforms and perches.
Larry Terrell, manager of SCI’s Vegetation Management Department, said the raptor program is an enhancement to the cooperative’s Energy for Wildlife program that seeks to maintain the natural habitats of animals in its service area.
They propose to install the following perches and boxes in our park:
- 12 Blue bird Nest Boxes and T poles
- 6 Barred Owl Nest Boxes and Predator Guards
- 8 Kestrel / Screech Nest Boxes and Predator Guards
- 12 Bat Boxes with 1 recycled Pole and Predator Guards
- 2 Red tail Hawk / Horned Owl Nesting Platforms & recycled Poles
- 3 Hawk / Owl Perches & recycled Poles
- 6 Flying Squirrel Boxes with Predator Guards
Map of Placements
Download a map of the locations of the platforms, perches, and boxes: (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader) Map of Project